Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wedding crochet

Wedding season is upon us! And, if you are a crocheter or even a crafter, there are many things that you can make if you or someone that you know is having an upcoming wedding.

When I got married in 2003 I made quite a few things. I hadn't learned to crochet yet, but between my mom and I, we did a lot ourselves. We made centerpieces for the tables with roses and little vases and that found at out local craft store. My favorite was the Hershey kiss roses. They were a little more time consuming but I loved how they looked! http://www.bridecraft.com/hershey-kiss-rose-favor.html is a site on how to do those. This site uses colored plastic but I used fabric in my wedding colors. (Image to the right is not mine. It's from the website I provided.)






About 4 years ago a family member got married and asked if I would help with a flower basked for her flower girl and a ring bearer pillow for her ring bearer. I was so excited! Of course, by this time I was crocheting almost everything. I had never made anything like these things, but that didn't stop me from wanting to try! Here are my end results.

For the flower girl basked I used this pattern, http://www.crochetspot.com/free-crochet-pattern-easy-basket/. I followed the pattern as written, just making the handle a little longer. I also wanted to make the handle sturdier so I used 2 layers and in between I put a pipe cleaner so it would keep it's shape. 

Next was the ring bear pillow. For this I just made 2 squares the size of the pillow and sewed them together over the little pillow. I just used a shell stitch for the square that had a straight edge as the end result so that I could sew the 2 sides together easier. I put scalloped edge around the pillow and decorated it in the wedding colors. 

I loved how these came out!

There are many other items from flowers, center pieces, to even a wedding dress that you can crochet yourself! If you have any questions or have done your own wedding crafts that you would like to share, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment