Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recent Crafty Endeavors

Well, I've accomplished a lot of many different projects since my last posting. I've found that sometimes it's easier just to create a pattern from scratch rather than follow one.
In January, I joined this group on Ravelry.com where you were assigned a person to make a pair of gloves for. (For those of you that haven't heard of it, I describe it as a site similar to Facebook, but geared towards crocheters and knitters) I searched through all of the patterns and didn't really like what I found so I decided one day to just sit and try to come up with my own. I really liked the cross stitch that I discovered when I made my dishcloths so I decided to try and incorporate that in my gloves. Here is what I came up with:


I really like how they turned out and my swap partner in Connecticut really liked them too!

I haven't actually sat down and took the time to write down what I did, so I don't have the pattern for you. Yet. I will soon, I promise!

(I've also incorporated this stitch into a baby blanket, but I'll save that for another post :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment