Thursday, March 17, 2016

Starting & Storing Your Projects

Starting a project is my favorite part about a project. You basically get to start with yarn and make it into whatever you want it to be.

My go-to place to look for a pattern is www.ravelry.com. The way I like to describe it is that it's almost like a Facebook for crocheters and knitters. They have patterns for almost anything you can think of. You can also search through other members' projects and see how they may have worked up a certain pattern. It has been very helpful to me if I'm questioning how to crochet a certain pattern.


When you search on Ravelry, the patterns are from all over the internet. Users, like myself, can also post their own patterns that you may not be able to easily find if you just use a normal search engine. I have found many patterns that have become some of my favorite patterns because of Ravelry!


You may or may not have decided on the color and type of yarn before finding the perfect pattern. One of my favorite yarns to use is Red Heart. They seem to offer a variety of colors so no matter what color I want to make my project, they seem to have it available.


Red Heart has many different types of yarn also. Just a few that I have used are:



Red Heart Super SaverSuper Saver solids have No-Dye-Lot so if you end up needing more yarn than you anticipated, it’s not the end of the world, just the end of that skein. It is durable enough to last year after year and wash after wash. Make something for charity, yourself or as a gift that will be cherished for generations.

Red Heart SoftSoft yarn is made with premium acrylic fibers that make it one of the softest yarns in the market. Ideal for knit and crochet projects for the entire family, from apparel to accents for your home.

Red Heart Baby TLC - With an ultra- soft hand and shimmering luster, it's perfect for blankets, layettes and kids' wear.

Red Heart with Love - perfect for blankets, throws, hats, scarves and more! Over 30 colors that include mixable multis and no-dye-lot solids.

All this information was taken from www.redheart.com.



Storing your project

Once you get started on your project, you will need to have somewhere you can store it when you aren't able to work on it. That is, unless you are doing a small, quick project like a hat or a washcloth.

I use a large reusable grocery bag. It seems to work for almost any project that I work on and keeps my son from being curious. He knows not to mess with what is in this bag:

I hope I may have given you some tips on how to start and store your crochet projects! if you have any tips of your own feel free to comment below and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment